Various Palty Foam Dye Reviews

If you haven't seen my Liese Prettia Milk Tea Brown Bubble Hair Dye Review, you should go check that out as well! For a while, I've been wanting to lighten my hair to a dark ash blonde. Dark blonde sounds really light but it's not really, especially if it is an ashy tone. I've already made an attempt previously using 30 vol 9% peroxide and fudge head paint in medium ash blonde. But my hair ended up being half a shade darker than my previous colour... Perhaps there was not enough peroxide but the sound of using bleach was a little worrying for me as I didn't want it to be too light. So my next idea was to get the bleach from palty's collection and then toning it down afterwards. Unfortunately, having extremely long hair, I need two boxes but there was only one box left, so I ended up getting one box of the bleach and the other one of the lemon tea blond. My plan was to cover as much of the top half of my hair as possible with the bleach and leave it in for 15 minutes. The example result on the back of the box for 15 minutes looked acceptable. Then I would cover the rest of my hair with the lemon tea blond and leave it in for 40, hoping that would lighten my hair as much as possible to match the bleach, if not, give a nice gradient at least. How wrong I was... read on if you want to find out (all hair images are unedited)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

My hair before the dying process, my hair is actually a light brown but the lighting made it look darker:
Photobucket
My roots before the dying process:
Photobucket

After leaving in the bleach for 15 minutes, my hair turned into a very disturbingly orange colour that was so patchy and inconsistent it wasn't forgiving. Cominica had similar results, check out her post here. For some reason, the colour looks extremely different under different lighting. The difference is so big I don't know how to explain it. Also, special tip: don't use a dark towel if you're bleaching hair. I completely forgot and my dark purple towel has blotches of pink now.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So here's the packaging for the Lemon Tea Blond.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have to say that though the packaging is very cute, the application isn't great and doesn't contain as much dye as the Liese prettia foam dyes, messy as well... So after putting that through my hair, there was not much of a difference so I ran some Schwarzkopf Igora in Iceflower which was highly recommended by a hair stylist. It did tone down my hair but not as much as he had emphasized it to be. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So the day after; this is what my hair looked like under natural lighting. The colour is alright but I wasn't used to it. It would have been more tolerable if my entire hair colour matched the top part but there was an obscure gradient and it didn't look very nice. Some parts underneath my layers turned out a very nice ashy brown / blonde but everything else was just very inconsistent. For my eyebrows, I lightened them with concealer and used Dolly Wink Eyebrow Mascara in 01. I am also wearing Beuberry Kitten Eyes Grey circle lenses.

Photobucket

Photobucket



Overall, I should have used a blue tone bleach because I didn't realise the result from the palty bleach would be so yellow/orange. Don't ever trust the example results on the back of the box. I was really hoping that the Igora would tone down the orange a lot more, but I should have used a silver toner or a stronger one at least. The product itself worked very well but it didn't achieve what I was going for. Maybe it'll work out differently for different hair types. 

Palty Mecha Flash Hair Bleach in Sparkling Blonde Review 3.5/5 


Positives:


  • Significantly lightened hair in short amount of time
  • Cute packaging
  • Fragrance is not too overwhelming
  • Bottle nozzle makes application easy

Negatives:


  • One box is far from enough for long hair
  • Even though mixture was applied very evenly, result was still very inconsistent
  • Drying
  • Outcome doesn't match result or swatch
  • Treatment isn't that great

The dye did its job, but didn't expect it to be so orange. It may turn out differently for others. I can't say I really like it that much but if you're looking to use it, I would recommend it. Just be wary of the consequences and make sure to have a deep conditioner handy because the treatment it comes with isn't good :) 

Palty Lemon Tea Blond Foam Dye Review 3.5/5 



Positives:


  • Cute packaging
  • Fragrance is not too overwhelming

Negatives:


  • One box is far from enough for long hair
  • Messy design/application
  • Treatment isn't that great
  • Didn't do much for my hair

I don't have much to say about this dye. When the new colour came out, I was really eager to try it but now I'm feeling like I had too many expectations. Left it in for 40 minutes and it really didn't do much at all. My hair is very easy to dye and most of the time I always leave it in for 40 minutes to achieve a vivid colour, but this one didn't do anything. Toned down the yellow/orange from the previous bleach but not very much at all. Again, if you're wanting to achieve this colour I suggest you bleach it before-hand with a blue tone bleach or try a different brand. I can't be certain as to whether or not it's any good but maybe one day I'll dry again.

So overall, it has been a rough journey for my hair. I don't think I'll be attempting the dark ash blonde anymore. But I had fun.




Comments

  1. Thanks for this review! So detailed and high quality pics too. I just bought the Lemon Tea color. Your blog is so helpful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts